The University of Oklahoma managed to scrounge up enough money to have Stefan Sagmeister come speak yesterday. It was awesome. Going into the lecture I had automatically assumed that Stefan would be pretentious as many other big names in the design world. He was very engaging and entertaining and gave everyone there some insight into what his thinking process is and how he got from A to B on several of his recent projects.
I took a few things from the lecture to heart and plan to start doing them very soon. The first thing I'm going to do is start writing in a journal for 10 or 15 minutes once or twice a week. On several occasions in the past I wanted to remember when and what I was doing when I got an idea and couldn't. The second thing I'm going to start doing is having some guts. My design work is good but tends to be on the conservative side as far as execution is concerned. Im going to really try and stretch myself on my next project and see where it takes me.
If you ever have a chance to see Stefan speak I would highly recommend seeing him. Anyone in any field could certainly find something inspiring to take home with them.
-Rage Kage
No comments:
Post a Comment