Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Introduction

Hi I'm Rachel. I guess you could say I am the token female in the group, providing the female perspective if you will. Believe me it's an interesting position to be in, but I can't complain. This is actually one of the best group experiences I have had in my college career. I have the good fortune of working with four other amazing design students, who all bring a very interesting and unique view point to the table. We are all leaders and contributors, and the work that ensues is always an interesting, usually humorous journey.

This group actually spurred from a group project that took place last semester in Package Design class. It sort of spiraled into something larger than itself, and now here we are, in Inktank. Inktank is a group project, a forum, an exchange of ideas, a studio, and a class all rolled into one. The ultimate goal is to take the knowledge the school has given us, and give back by helping raise awareness and fundage (yes I know it's not a word) for the design department. In these first formative months we have created logos, fundraising packets, and a video about the world of type around us. Below is my design for the inktank logo. Check back for the type video, as well as the package design project that started it all.


-Rachel
Photobucket

No comments: